Monday, June 10, 2013

Sunrise in Summer

As the temperature has reached the 90's here in Eagle Idaho. I have found that our daily walk on the path had to be done much earlier so that my large black friend can not only enjoy his usual romp, but survive it! He has a very thick black coat on and cannot take it off to  chase squirrels, run through the meadows or swim the lake. Meet my good ol pal Chandler.

 
I have always been a morning person. I find my day is so much better if I start the day, before the day starts...does that make any sense to any of you?

Now all you young Mama's with little ones who are now on summer break, I remember how nice it is NOT to get up early in the summer after doing it throughout the school year; shaking all those warm, sleepy " Idontwannagetup"fuzzy headed little  munchkins, flippin the pancakes, turnin out the PBJ's, digging the important paper that needs to be signed and turned in TODAY out of the garbage can    
(oops) zipping the backpacks, and herding your little ducklings down to catch the bus before they miss it and you end up driving them to school in your Flannels! (I also remember, how from first day of summer vacation on, how they wake up at 6 am on their own, to watch cartoons, eat four bowls of Cap'n Crunch and start the dreaded summer mantra of " I'm Bored.." before 9 am! ) Can any of you explain this to me???
Okay, I'm completely off track....anyways,

     I love mornings. However, since we have moved here, I must admit..I have began to sleep in til 7:00..7:30..and even 8:00..which really freaks me out when I pull the pillow off my head and see that number!! That is how much of a morning person I am! My morning gets away from me, and its downhill from there!
    So! I have gotten back on track this week, and I would love to share my rewards with you!
As Chandler and I step onto the Path this June morning, I am delighted to realize, that even though it is to be 94degrees today, I need to slip on my favorite flannel shirt I bought from Shopko (for $10 I might add) about 19 years ago! Chandler? He is cloaked in his ever present Shiny Black coat, remember? :) He takes off with great vigor enjoying the coolness as well. The earth sends up a fragrance that is heavenly, as if kissed by the moon in the night, leaving only dew drops and smelling of "New"! A brand new morning.

  But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases: His mercies never come to and end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:21-23

Oh Goody! I'm loved, I'm forgiven, I get to start another day!


The squirrels on this path, are seemingly fearless. As you can see by this guy, undisturbed while having his breakfast, He peers down at Chandler who would give anything to be a cat right now and tear up into that tree…Mr. Squirrel somehow knows ..he is in this moment, superior, so looks down upon us without concern  and continues to enjoy his version of Cap"n Crunch.
I thought I had come to know every wind of this stream, but in the quiet of this particular morning, I hear a waterfall I did not realize was there ,so we head down to the stream and found this! Chandler happily spins in the pool at the bottom like a crocodile snapping at the water as he spins..he does the same thing in his kiddie pool at home..he's a weird dog.... The waterfall is like a happy morning song...                                              

All along the path, the wild roses have bloomed, and though I have passed them many times in the past few weeks, I have not noticed the fragrance that perfumes the air!
  
We have by now reached the turn around point, I can hear Chandler tearing along the creek further on so I turn and wait for him to surface back on the path with his ears up wondering why I'm not keeping up with him, the sun is steadily rising now, and to my amazement...so does a hot air balloon!
   I'm thinking "this is just too great!!!  ( I was also thinking of The Wizard of Oz, and wondering if they were heading to Kansas...I know weird..this is how my brain works…)


             
As I turn to head back to the car, I realize this has been a pretty special start to the day! I look up... and I kid you NOT....a deer!! is standing in the path about 100 feet in front of me..ears up..we stare at each other for a few seconds, then it trotted off along the path, turning to look at me every now and then...Seriously..I cannot believe all this...fortunately Chandler is busy elsewhere, coming up behind me, doing his thing..I do not want him to see the deer...suddenly I can tell he has picked up the scent..he is whining and running all over with his nose to the ground....ha! Sorry buddy...Bambi is long gone!

I still smile thinking about this morning last week...wish every day could start like that right?  But of course they don't...but early...? Early mornings in summer are the BEST!
Now...go pour yourself a bowl of Cap'n Crunch and have a great day! (What's IN that stuff ANYway????)

                     
                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...